Time to Fire Up that Fall Flavours Event You’ve Been Dreaming About!
Have a stellar idea for a Fall Flavours event and need a little help to get it up and running? The PEI Fall Flavours Festival is excited to announce the launch of the Fall Flavours Fire Up Fund.
This fund was created to help you launch that food event you’ve been dreaming up! We want to provide you with support during those first three years, when you’re in the development phase and need help the most. The ultimate goal? To create new, sustainable Fall Flavours events that return value to all partners.
We want to find the cream of the crop, so we’re looking for 3 NEW tourism demand-generating events that are unique, high-quality and designed to showcase PEI’s food, people and place. The event must also have a minimum capacity of 75 attendees (and the more, the merrier!)
The Fall Flavours Fire Up Fund is open to all private sector players. New and existing Fall Flavours partners are encouraged to apply. Not-for-profits are not eligible for this fund.
All applications will be adjudicated by the Fall Flavours Management Committee. Up to three events/partners will be awarded funding in the amount of $6,000 over three years and based on the selection criteria outlined below and in the attached application form.
Funding Criteria and Conditions
Proposed event must showcase and celebrate:
- High-quality PEI food products
- PEI’s people (e.g. chefs, food producers, musicians, artists)
- A unique PEI setting(s)
- Proposed event must be a tourism demand generator and must have a min. capacity of 75 attendees
- Proposed event will be judged on its uniqueness; dedication to creating a high-quality experience; and its overall authenticity
- The following details must be included in the application: a clear description of the event, menu, location details (i.e. what makes the location unique); suggested ticket price, an event budget, and proposed date.
- The application must also explain how the proposed event will endeavour to ensure attendees have a high-quality experience, and how the event will help elevate the profile the Island’s food products, people and place.
- The application must provide details regarding the organizer’s relevant past experience in event planning.
- Successful applicants will enter a 3-year partnership with the PEI Fall Flavours Festival and receive $6,000 in funding over a three-year term. $3,000 will be provided in the 1st year, $2,000 in the 2nd year, and $1,000 in the 3rd year.
- Tickets for the event must be sold through the PEI Fall Flavours Ticket portal and a 10% commission provided to the Festival for this service.
- The PEI Fall Flavours Festival will provide on-going marketing support to the successful events through its marketing assets, social media, website, and other marketing activities.
The deadline for applications to the Fall Flavours Fire Up Fund is March 12th, 2019.
Please direct any inquiries regarding this funding opportunity to